Here is a list of things I found very helpful in my own journey through pregnancy, birth and postpartum.
Pregnancy and Birth
- HypnoBirthing - The Mongan Method
- The Pea in the Pod by Linda Goldberg is the most comprehensive book on Pregnancy, Birth and Postpartum. For those of you taking my classes, please purchase this book for class 5 in kindle format.
- Journey into Motherhood by Sheri L. Menelli. Positive and inspirational birth stories. I used to read one every night before bed while pregnant with Peanut.
- Expecting Better by Emily Oster
- Crib Sheet by Emily Oster
- Birth Matters by Ina May Gaskin
- Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin. A must read for all the birth partners out there.
- Birthing from Within by Pam England and Rob Horowitz.
- Wedge Pregnancy Pillow by Eklo. This was a life savior to me. So comfortable and the perfect size to fit between my knees and then under my belly as I got bigger.
- Pregnancy belt Really comfortable pregnancy support belt for lower back and hip discomfort. I have also been using it postpartum. The material in which it is made does not pinch the skin.
- Zen Bands To listen to your HB tracks. Use HYPNOBIRTHINGNY for a discount.
- Birth ball Great to sit on during pregnancy, for labor and to soothe your little one.
- Peanut Ball Helps open your pelvis during labor whether there is an epidural or not. If your doula does not bring one, do get one.
- Blood Pressure cuff Check your blood pressure at home and in labor. Especially helpful when you are advanced maternal age like me :)
- Silverette cups A life savior for your nipples.
- Lansinoh Nipple Cream Whether you are pumping or breastfeeding.
- Pumping Bra by Medela.
- Spectra Breastpump One of the best pumps.
- Spectra accessories The Spectra pump parts.
- Medela Breastpump with parts
- Medela Hands Free Pump
- Haakaa Pump Amazing to catch your let down and store some extra milk.
- Milk storage bags Self standing or flat for easy storage.
- Boppy Breastfeeding pillow with covers.
- Bottles Glass so BPA free - Great nipple for breastfeeding mums.
- Slow flow nipples
- Guide to Breastfeeding by Ina May Gaskin
- The Discontented Little Baby Book by Pamela Douglas
- The Wonder Weeks Helps you understand the developmental leaps your baby is going through.
- Healing your Body Naturally After Childbirth by Dr Jolene Brighten
- The Fourth Trimester by Kimberly Ann Johnson
- The First Forty Days: The Essential Art of Nourishing the New Mother
- Biodegradable Diapers Riley never had a rash thanks to these and the liniment. You get it shipped automatically and don't thave to think about it!
- Liniment instead of regular wipes. Our daughter never had a diaper rash. You could also make your own.
- Liniment wipes
- Physiological Serum to clean baby's nose.
- Cotton Squares to use with the liniment.
- Nasal Aspirator
- Bath thermometer